2023 was a strange year for me, and I usually dislike the "new year, new me" attitude. From my anecdotal evidence, it seems to lead to a higher chance of burnout and disappointment as people pile too high of expectations on themselves for a perfect year. However, I think a new year and a fresh start may be just what I need to succeed, so I'm sharing my goals not only for accountability but also to show a commitment to this fresh start and an excitement as we start the new year.
I don't really have a template to use for writing about my past year, so I'll briefly write down the highlights and go from there.
- Over the summer, I got officially diagnosed with ADHD and manged to reframe my studies, bringing my semester GPA from a 2.3 to a 2.8 with a larger workload.
- I watched 143 movies, read 6 books, and posted >800 toots.
- In May, I founded the University of Tulsa Amateur Radio Club.
- In December, I was elected Secretary in another student organization, and have found through that a new passion for parliamentary law.
Now, I'd briefly like to share some goals for 2024. As all resolutions are, they're very subject to change and probably won't get done but it will be neat to give them a shot!
- Continue to improve my academics, and achieve a 3.0 semester GPA in both the Spring and Fall semesters.
- Work down my "backlogs" for movies, books, and projects and end up net negative on all of them (add less, complete more).
- Find 10 recipes I enjoy cooking at home, and get into the habit of cooking more.
- Get back on the air with amateur radio, and complete one successful Parks on the Air solo activation (or one with newly licensed friends)!
- Solidify and practice my core values to the best of my ability.
100 Days to Offload
Ever since I discovered this challenge, I've really wanted to participate and this year I'd really like to dive into my writing and website development even more than before. That being said, in 2024 I'll be attempting the 100 Days to Offload challenge and attempt to post 100 blog posts here by Dec 31st, 2024.
So, for those of you just discovering me because of this challenge, here's what you can expect me to post about: electrical engineering, academia, ADHD and mental health, amateur radio, cinema, and other general hobbies. I try to keep posts here meaningful and without filler, although I'll probably be a little bit more lenient on that now that I've begun this challenge. And, most importantly to myself, I'll try and be less formal with my writing and take a mindset of "post something" rather than "post something perfect."
Happy new year to all, and I can't wait to see where 2024 brings us!
I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to email me or reach out to me on the Fediverse.
If you notice any errors in this article, or would like any expansion on topics or missing links, please feel free to let me know using the contact links above.